The air fryer is one of the latest kitchen appliances to hit the market. It’s a small appliance that heats up fat and oils in the oven to a temperature above 350°F (180°C) to create crispy, air-fried food. There are a number of air fryer models to choose from including George Foreman, Hamilton Beach and Cuisinart.
A whole chicken can be a wallet-busting project. Even if you have the space in your oven to cook a whole bird, you worry about whether the dark meat is done, or whether the skin will get soggy, or whether the meat is too dry. There are a lot of other things to worry about. And we didn’t even mention the worry about your oven. The air fryer doesn’t have these problems, so you can be sure the chicken is done. It’s leaner and healthier than most recipes, and you’ll be able to enjoy it for dinner without worrying that a tiny part of chicken is overcooked.
The air fryer has become a staple in my cooking arsenal. I love the crispy skin, juicy meat, and all the delicious juices that it leaves behind. In fact, it’s the star of many of my chicken dinners and is a great way to cook a whole bird in less than an hour.
Because it’s nutritious and quick, whole chicken in the air-cooker is the perfect weeknight meal. Seasoning takes less than five minutes, and cooking takes less than an hour! On the exterior, the roast chicken is crispy, but on the inside, it’s luscious and moist. There aren’t many stir-fries that can compare to this one!
What is the ideal fryer capacity?
Want to roast a full chicken in the air conditioner in under one hour? We’re here to help! To follow our recipe, you’ll need a deep fryer first. When it comes to roast chicken, the following guidelines apply: It’s best to use a big frying basket. We suggest using a 6-10 qt casserole to give the chicken plenty of space. If you have a smaller oven, you may need to follow the oven instructions below. Based on their size and usage, we’ve prepared a list of our top fryers:
- Because 6 quarters isn’t too large, it’s appropriate for both couples and individuals. This will cook a small chicken as well as reheat leftovers and frozen meals.
- An 8-quart fryer is an excellent medium-sized fryer with enough capacity to cook a full chicken.
- We’ve tested the 10-Quart family fryer, which is the biggest we’ve seen. It’s perfect for meatloaf, entire roasted chicken, and other classic baked dishes.
For this recipe, any of these fryers will suffice. Check to see whether it’ll fit the bird you’ve selected. Buy a smaller chicken if you just have a tiny fryer.
Preventing drought in entire roasted chickens
Whole roasted chickens may turn dry in the fryer if not cooked correctly. Follow these cooking recommendations for chicken to prevent it from drying out and to make it as tender and juicy as possible:
- Don’t overcook the chicken – it may seem simple in principle, but it’s crucial to avoid overcooking the chicken. Do not be afraid to open the fryer basket and use the meat thermometer to see whether the meat is done ahead of schedule.
- Lay the Teflon-side down on the chicken breasts to keep them from drying out. No matter how much olive oil is used, the chicken breast will always cook first, not the dark meat. The legs will not get caught in the top of the frying basket if the chicken is cooked with the breast down.
- Be patient; if you attempt to speed up the process by heating the chicken to 400 degrees, it will become extremely dry very fast. To prevent this, we cook at a lower temperature. So don’t attempt to roast a full chicken in the air conditioner in 20 minutes.
We enjoy a nice whole roasted chicken dish, and we hope you will too! Make sure to follow our instructions to ensure that the chicken is cooked to perfection every time.
Join 150,000 other people who are getting a FREE keto nutrition list and fresh recipes every week!
What to deal with a pressure cooker full of entire chickens
Are you searching for the ideal side dish to go with a fried entire chicken? Many low-carb and keto side dishes are available on our website, which you can utilize to create a full dinner that is ideal for you and your family. Tomorrow, don’t forget to stock up on the finest roast chicken and sides! Here are some keto-book ideas:
- Keto Roasted Butternut Squash – Butternut squash pairs wonderfully with this spicy roasted chicken. It’s sweet, salty, and fried in olive oil, and it’s a visual feast!
- Chicken and Mashed Potatoes – Who doesn’t like chicken and mashed potatoes? Anyone looking to create a delicious southern-style meal should try this recipe.
- Stuffing with sausage and cauliflower – for a low-carb Thanksgiving dinner, you might have served this with fried chicken. In any case, this delicious stuffing, which is packed with meat, spices, and veggies, is the perfect complement to roast chicken.
In the Side Dishes area of our website, you’ll discover even more low-carb and keto side dishes.
In the pressure cooker, how to cook a complete chicken
This dish will not let you down! It’s juicy, tender, peppery, and fragrant. It also pairs nicely with all of your favorite low-carb and keto side dishes.
That’s precisely what you’ll need for this stir-fry recipe: a hot air fryer! This is the only gadget you’ll really need. The chicken legs will next be tied together using twine.
Start with a 3 to 5 pound chicken, depending on how many people you’ll be serving and how big your fryer is. After that, you’ll need avocado or olive oil. The oil you choose depends on your preferences, however, we used avocado oil in this dish since it has a smoky temperature. The chicken is cooked for nearly an hour in the fryer, so the additional work may be worthwhile. Finally, spices are required. Black pepper and pink Himalayan salt are always required. In addition, we utilized a homemade chicken flavor that may be found in the recipe notes below. If you don’t want to create your own, you may purchase chicken seasoning online for a reasonable price.
In a hot air skillet, chicken is being cooked
To begin, coat the frying basket with baking spray. After that, the fryer must be warmed to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When the trays are put in the basket after being preheated, they get crisp. The giblets should be removed from the bird, and the legs should be tied together. We used a sturdy kitchen twine for this project.
Chicken skin should be rubbed with oil and seasoned with poultry seasoning. It’s important to rub it in well so that the whole exterior of the bird is coated. If desired, season the interior of the cavity with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken in the fryer’s oiled frying basket, which has been warmed. To preserve all of the fluids, the bird should be placed breast down. (THE CHICKEN HAS BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED INSIDE OUT TO SHOW THE DETAILS)
Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Bake for another 15-20 minutes with the chicken breast side down. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Storage of food and leftovers from storage
Maintain the chicken’s wholeness: Place the leftover meat in an airtight container from the chicken carcass. It may be stored in the fridge for up to four days. Here are some more leftover recipe ideas!
What do you do with leftover chicken meat?
Have you ever purchased a chicken that was too large for your family? The cooking time is 1 hour, which we think is enough time since the leftovers may be used in a variety of ways for the remainder of the week. Here are some more suggestions:
- Keto cheese sandwiches with chicken and avocado – Shred the leftover entire chicken and add it to the keto cheese sandwich. When you add avocado, you get a creamy, satisfying grilled cheese.
- Fill a low-carb tortilla with shredded chicken, peppers, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream for chicken tacos.
- Cook the carrots, onion, and celery in olive oil in a skillet with the chicken noodle soup. For a fast soup, combine the bone broth and shredded chicken scraps. (Add salt, pepper, and seasonings if desired.)
More methods to utilize freshly roasted fried chicken in the fryer may be found in our blog article.
Is it possible to bake a full chicken?
Instead of using the oven, a hot air fryer may be used to cook a full roasted chicken. Follow our instructions for cooking a whole chicken if you prefer the more conventional approach. Make the following preparations:
- After the basic 15 minutes, 20 minutes per pound (1).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and roast a full 5 pound chicken for 115 minutes or 1 hour 55 minutes without a cover. (1 hour 55 minutes = 15 minutes + 20 minutes x 5 pounds)
- A chicken leg should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees. To ensure that the chicken is completely cooked, examine the deepest section of the bird.
This fried chicken is guaranteed to satisfy even if fried chicken isn’t your thing. It takes a bit longer, but the result is just as tasty!
Recipes for Keto Chicken
Check out some of our other favorite keto chicken dishes if cooking a whole chicken in a hot air fryer wasn’t enough for you. From boiling chicken breasts to fried chicken drumsticks, we’ve got it all. We guarantee that any recipe you select will be juicy and delicious.
- Crispy Fried Chicken – Served hot, our crispy cooked chicken is fried in beef fat. Garlic powder, onion powder, and a variety of additional herbs and spices are included. People who aren’t on a keto diet will like this crispy chicken dish.
- Simple pesto chicken – if you like chicken breast, try our baked pesto chicken. To keep its taste, it is roasted and then baked. Before serving, top with fresh basil pesto.
- I’m sure you weren’t anticipating chicken crust pizza! We have a recipe for a pizza crust made with carb-free chicken. Cooking time is short, and the flavor is fantastic. When preparing this dish, experiment with new, exciting, and delicious pizza toppings.
It doesn’t have to be dull to eat chicken. Give your next chicken meal a kick by omitting the salt and pepper. We have a dish for you whether you just have 30 minutes or an hour to prepare.
Keto Air Fryer Whole Chicken
The finest method to cook chicken is in a deep fryer. 1 hour is the whole time! Perfume? Warms and relaxes the body. With this fast and simple chicken dish, you can’t go wrong. The dish is so fast that it may easily be served on a weekday. Tell us how you serve the chicken; ours just came out of the oven and we’re enjoying it right now!
Chicken that has been fried
- In less than an hour, you can have a delicious entire chicken with crispy skin.
- 6 individual portions
- Calories in a single serving: 356 kcal
- Time to cook: 5 minutes
- Time to prepare: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and coat a frying basket with cooking spray. Clean the chicken’s insides and bind the legs together.
- Brush the chicken skin with oil and season with the spices of your choosing.
- Cook for 30 minutes with the chicken breast side down in the basket.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Turn the chicken breast side down and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
Carbohydrates in net form: 0 We created our own chicken flavoring by combining the following ingredients:
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp. herbs provençales
- a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered onion
- 14 teaspoon r rée sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- cayenne pepper, 1/8 teaspoon
Information about nutrition
Roasting a whole chicken
Amount per serving
356 calories 243 calories from fat
*Percentage of daily expenses
Fat content: 42% (27 g).
Saturated fat (7g) accounts for 35% of total calories.
1 g of trans fat
Cholesterol level: 109 mg/dL (36%).
683 mg28 percent sodium
Potassium is 283mg/8% of the body’s total potassium.
1 gram of carbohydrates
1 gram of fiber = 1 gram of fiber = 1 gram of fiber = 1 gram
1 gram of sugar equals 1%.
Protein (27 g) accounts for 54% of the total.
223IU4 Vitamin A
2 mg2 vitamin C
Calcium (24 mg2) is a mineral that is found in small amounts in the body.
Iron is present in 2 mg (11%) of the body’s total iron.
* Percentages are calculated based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Courses: main course, main course, main course, main course, main course, main course, main course
Fried chicken is a key term.
Hush! Are you the one who did it? Add us to your Instagram feed! We’d love to see your work! Leave a comment and review below or tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect.
Air Fryers are great for cooking whole roasted chickens, but they can be tricky to use. That’s why I’m here to help you out with my Air Fryer Whole Chicken (Easy) recipe. This is one of the more foolproof ways of cooking a whole chicken.. Read more about chicken cooking time air fryer and let us know what you think.