GPFD Caution Public About Unattended Cooking
No one hurt in a couple of fire calls for the Grande Prairie Fire Department yesterday.
It started with a smoke filled home in south patterson just after the noonhour: A Mountie responding to an alarm smelled the smoke, checked the home to see if anyone was inside and called fire crews.
No major damage--but firefighters did discover the source of the smoke was a pot left on the stove.
Fire officials remind you -- don't leave cooking unattended.
Last night just after 9 o'clock, crews were called out to another blaze, this time in a 4th floor apartment in Westmore Estates in the north end.
Firefighters contained the damage to the suite where the fire started.
No word on a cause or a damage estimate.
Most Viewed Stories
Questionable Content? Click here to report it to the webmaster.
Popular Blog Articles